Wednesday, May 06, 2009

MWRC Interview Collection

I've done a bunch of interviews ABOUT MWRC. Some of these have been quite popular, while others are sort of hidden gems. If you've enjoyed one of them, maybe you'd like to see some of the others. I'll start out with three of my favorites, but there's a complete list down below.

1) My interview with Philippe Hanrigou has become one of the most popular posts on my blog. He has developed a reputation as one of the great MWRC speakers, and I think his interview is a good indicator of why. You might also want to see his talks on What to do when Mongrel stops responding (from 2008) and What The Ruby Craftsman Can Learn From The Smalltalk Master (from 2009).

2) I started an interview with David Brady on twitter. Before it was over, Kirk Haines and Jim Weirich had joined in. Not only did this interview spawn a great meme, the story got better when David came into the second day of conference from his sickbed and gave his talk during lunch (we'd already run the replacement talk). Now that's dedication. You should go watch David's presentation on TourBus, Kirk's, on vertebra, or Jim's keynote.

3) I like this last one because it provides a different take on things. I interviewed Josh Susser about his interest in attending MWRC. Maybe most telling about his interest was that he went off and organized GoGaRuCo (hmmm, isn't there something about imitation and flattery — just kidding, Josh and GoGaRuCo are great!).

MWRC 2009


MWRC 2008

No comments: