Just a couple of quick things to get out of my system as I recover from the 2007 MountainWest RubyConf:
- The conference was great! I loved (almost) every minute of it — it took me an hour or two to get past my anxiety about whether or not it was going to come off.
- I'm working with RubyCentral to organize our participation in the Google Summer of Code. If you're interested in submitting a project, check out our page of ideas (don't worry, you're free to run with your own ideas if you'd rather) then go fill out an application.
- I've started working on an Amazon hosted book store — I'll only be putting books there that I really think are worthwhile. I don't make a ton of money from Amazon, but it certainly helps me justify spending time on this blog and my other (unpaid) writing.
- I'm getting back in to the swing of tumble blogging over at my tumble blog. I just flat out didn't have any time over the last week or so.
- I'm also in the middle of tech reviewing two great looking Ruby books. Neither publisher has announced them yet, but as soon as they do I'm ready to tell you just how cool they are.
Okay, it's time to get some real work done. I'll be posting again (and more substantively soon.