Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November MountainWest RubyCamp

As I’ve told a number of people, I’m trying to ramp down a bit on my involvement with the Ruby community. It’s not because I don’t love ya’ll, it’s just that I have other things that are becoming more important to me. Last Saturday (Nov 17th) was one of the last major events I’ll be involved in setting up, the MountainWest RubyCamp.

The RubyCamp went really well. We had about 20 people show up for 4 hours of Ruby discussion and random geekery. There were five different sessions, with a couple of prepared presentations and some good group discussions. I guess the best measure of its success was that the attendees want to do it again. MountainWest Ruby doesn’t want to let anyone down, so it looks like there will be another RubyCamp in January. Depending on the dates I’ll try to make it there.

If you’re interested in getting involved, you can see the discussion that’s swirling around it over at URUG’s Google Groups site

Good luck to the organizers. I’m sure you’ll have a great time and come up with a great activity.

No comments: