Thursday, February 14, 2008

Saying Goodbye to an Institution

Well, it’s a sad day for ruby-talk. This morning James Edward Gray II posted his last ruby quiz summary, finalizing his retirement.

After running three years worth of quizzes, I retired as quizmaster and passed the project on to some loyal fans. New quizzes are still posted to the Ruby Talk mailing list so look for them there if you want to participate.

Just because I knew it was coming didn’t make it any less unpleasant. I don’t think I’ll be alone in missing James’ weekly Ruby Quiz summaries. I’m not entirely sure who’s picking up the reins on the weekly quiz, but I hope they’ll work hard to live up to the expectation that James has laid for them.

As for James, I’m sure we’ll continue to see his contributions on ruby-talk, and in the larger community. Good luck in all your future endeavors my friend.

No comments: