One of our speakers is Gregory Brown (the creater and lead developer of Ruport), who's going to talk about "Pragmatic Community Driven Development in Ruby". Given his work on Ruport during Google's Summer of Code, and his continuing community building (like this blog entry, I can't think of a better person to talk about it.
He promises to talk about:
- Why write free software? (and why it can still be a commercial effort)
- Choosing the right license
- Attracting new developers
- Keeping the community healthy
- The benefits (and drawbacks) of building a community and keeping it running
Greg's talk alone is probably going to be worth the $50 registration, but there are some more great talks lined up. I'll be sharing a bit about them over the next couple of weeks, but you don't have to wait, you could head over and sign up now, before all the seats are gone.